with love, show them the way you feel. Things are gonna get much better if you only will."
That song popped into my head when I sat down to write. So yesterday I showered my sister-in-law who is having a baby next week (hopefully!). I brought all the food and a neighbor hosted the party. Her home was spectacularly gorgeous, and I was pleased that the food turned out nicely. And my mother-in-law came, which shouldn't be taken for granted as she frequently suffers from various health problems that prevent her from doing a lot of things. I made my famous pound cake. It all reminded me of a shower that I threw with a good friend and for a good friend recently. I was as pregnant then as M. is now. It was so much fun! I do like throwing parties like that. Although this time I didn't have the help of R. on presentation. My sisters-in-law did a great job though. That is definitely NOT one of my fortes.
So, it's another Sunday and we're going to be attending church without my family. My youngest sister is out of town with some friends, Dad has meetings, and Mom is out of town celebrating her sister's birthday with her this weekend. I hope my kids behave.
2 comments:
I hung out this morning with Rebekah and your name came up a couple times in conversation and it made me sad that you moved and that Rebekah is moving next week. :-( But thanks for blogging. :-)
The shower was wonderful--I'm so glad that you jumped in and did all of that. I know that M was really appreciative, and I'm glad that A got involved too. It was great!
Post a Comment