How pleasantly surprised I was to sign in and see (drum roll please) ... COMMENTS! I bow humbly to my commentators. :-) Thank you, thank you. I love you all! Ha ha ha...
I got a call this morning from a woman in the neighborhood with two young boys. She invited us out to "Old MacDonald's" as my boys call it. Never been a fan of the food, but I was grateful for the invite, since it meant my kids wouldn't be picking at each other for an hour or so. It's been rainy for a couple days and we're all a little stir-crazy. And I got to socialize with some ladies that are not at all my age, who do not share my socio-economic status and with whom I do not share political views. Oh well. I enjoyed it anyway. Besides, if I limited myself to socializing with women my age, I would probably go nuts. I do miss my friends. I'm realizing that I may never form the kinds of friendships I did when all our DHs were in school. At least then we didn't have to compare how much money our husbands weren't making or what so-and-sos non-existent yard looked like or how many thousands of dollars we didn't have to spend on cars and boats etc. Ah, but look at me checking the gift horses' teeth. I am grateful for the effort the ladies here are making. I am grateful, and I do intend to make friends here. They are good people, and I will not dwell on our differences! Having children ought to be adequate common ground.
2 comments:
I hear ya. I'm living in a ward in which I have really only found one Woman that I feel really comfortable relating to. I just try to remind myself that with each new challenge there is one more opportunity to better myself.
I love your blog!! It is way CUTE. Sorry I just couldn't help razzing you about your earlier post. I think that the CH 2 ward was like an island outside of reality were those who surrounded us were just like us. I am grateful for that experience, it really helped me get through some tough times because most everyone understood my woes and were there to lend a sympethitic ear at least. I too am really going to miss that but think of all the new and wonderful things we can expect to learn from our new friends.
Post a Comment