Well, last week was rotten. All DH and I did was fight. I obsessed over our budget, money, houses etc., etc. And last night I decided that isn't who I want to be. By my calculations, it will take us until March to have a down payment of approx. $19,000. That puts us in my parent's home for almost a year. So, I can either be depressed, frustrated, and grumpy for a year. Or, I can make the best of a not-so-bad situation.
My kids love it here. We are close to a really excellent elementary school for my oldest DS, in case I do choose to go the public school route. I think my mom really enjoys having us in the house. I have a lot of help here. It's a beautiful home. Sometimes I just want to kick myself in the pants and tell myself to quit whining!!
So this morning I got up resolving to be positive. The lesson in church today was taught by a remarkably energetic, enthusiastic woman on how to enjoy life and how to be positive. She spoke about making each day a special occasion. I am going to try and do that. I made a list as she taught of things that I would need to do to make that happen. This afternoon I took some time to write in my kids' journals, I wrote to some dear friends that I miss. I emailed my somewhat estranged brother. How much more worthwhile are all of those things than crunching numbers and feeling more and more discouraged?
I am grateful for the blessings I have been given. I am so grateful for three beautiful, healthy children, for a faithful husband, and for loving parents. Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
1 comment:
being positive is the always in the back of my mind goal that seems sometimes very impossible. Good for you! I'm so glad that you can be in a nice place while you wait for the house thing to happen, although being with family can be very good and very stressful at the same time. Hang in there!!
Post a Comment