So, Tuesday night our RS hosted a cake-decorating enrichment activity. Now, I've learned that there are many requirements of a mother that are out of my comfort zone, and one of those is coming up with a drop-dead incredible cake to ooh and aah the critical eyes and mouths of birthday party attendees. This, as everyone knows, is all part and parcel with becoming the perfect mother, and, feeling the need to rise to the occasion and take full part in my official duties, I signed up.
All day Tuesday I tried to come up with an excuse not to go. I hadn't paid my money yet, perhaps they weren't planning on me. My sister was in heart surgery, perhaps I should stay home to wait for her return home. Baby was teething, surely DH wouldn't be able to comfort him should he wake up. Fighting off each excuse as they presented themselves, I knew in my heart that the call of duty ought to prevail over squeamishness.
Well, I went, I decorated, and I am almost embarrassed to admit that I enjoyed myself. This is the result.
3 comments:
You should never feel intimidated by your mother. You far out distance me on so many counts! Love you!
Mama
What a cute, fun looking cake!
I love the little cake--very cute. I'm not really crafty, but one of the things I would love to learn is cake--decorating. I LOVE making gourmet desserts.
Post a Comment