- Aug. 12 I take I. up to the school to pre-register for kindergarten. I'm so traumatized I remain in a semi-catatonic state for some hours following. (ok, slight exaggeration here)
- Aug. 15 My father is in a motorcycle accident near our home. He calls me as he's lying in the middle of the road, and I race the scene to discover two fire engines, and at least 5 emergency vehicles as well as an ambulance, all centered around my dad. Short story is, we spent the morning in the emergency room. He walked away with nothing but a broken collar bone and some serious bruises. Not bad for T-boning a pick-up going 40 mph on a Harley. It's nothing short of a miracle that he's still with us.
- Aug. 24 I. meets his teacher for a "pre-assessment." Mama sits in a chair nearby, trying not to let the tears get all over forms she's trying to fill out. (By the way, I. did awesome, I think his teacher was impressed.)
- Aug. 25 I get my hair cut. Woo-hoo!
- Aug. 27 Baby cuts his third tooth and rolls over from tummy to back all on his own! Way to go Baby!
- Aug. 29 DH (successfully) DEFENDS HIS DISSERTATION! CONGRATULATIONS DEAR! Ok, I'm not one to use caps much because I always get the impression someone is screaming at me when I read caps, and that's not usually a pleasant thing. But yes, I did intend to scream at you, hope you don't mind. This is eight years in the making folks, I'm pretty happy about it.
- Aug. 31 I finish Jane Eyre. Loved it, I'll have to post some excerpts that were my particular favorites.
After
7 comments:
Your hair looks fantastic! I'm glad to hear that your Dad is okay, how scary! Congratulaions on your husband defending his dissertation!! I can't believe how fast your baby is growing up. I also can't believe I'm having my 3rd in 7 weeks! Any advice?? I'm glad you are back to blogging!!
WOAH! Stuff! In order, I feel your pain, Ohmygosh I'm glad to hear that he's okay, I. comes from good stock- of course he's a smarty (they ought to give waterproof paperwork for kindergarten), you look Mah-valous!, Phew! Tom's finally done (I'm so jealous)! Thanks for the update and good luck with the first day of school! Breath, smile and cry when you get to the car.
Hey, congrats on the milestones passed for you and your kids! Your hair looks really cute. I was reading Jane Eyre, but I stopped in the middle for some reason. I need to finish it. I Love the movie. I'm glad to hear that your Dad is ok. That is scary stuff.
love the hair! and congrats to tom! totally deserving of all caps. :)
The hair looks great! I just cut mine a bit shorter too. And what a HUGE RELIEF that T. is finished with the degree!!!! Hopefully he can relax just a tiny bit now. And what a great blessing to rejoice in that he's been able to get a position right when he finished. I hope I. is enjoying Kindergarten, I'm sure that he'll be at the "front of the class"!
First, your hair looks great. It must have taken some courage to cut that much off. Did Tom come out here to defend? We would have loved to see him. Please tell him great job from us. As for I. going to school, you will find so many more thing to be proud of him for as you watch him navigate the school experience. It is amazing what our kids are capable of.
Wow- Your hair is very chic, I'm SO glad your dad is okay, and hurray for dissertation defending!!
Post a Comment