Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A bit of this, a bit of that

I took the final exam for my history class this morning. After spending 3 hours hashing out what I think was probably only a mediocre essay, and many more grueling hours in the past two weeks studying for it... I can finally breathe a sigh of relief and smile a little.
And now that it's over, I find myself humming a tune... It's beginning to look a lot like... I had to take some time today to convince Caleb that when we say "put the presents under the tree" we don't mean they literally have to be right under the tree branches.
Eli has been refusing to take naps in his own bed lately. Sometimes I can still convince him to come lie down with me in my bed. We both fall asleep and I wake up to see this.
On the same day I took Eli's picture Isaac had been home sick with a nasty flu. After admiring Eli for a few minutes, I came out to check on Isaac... and found him peacefully sleeping at long last. There is something so beautiful about a child's sleeping face. I was relieved to see some color in his cheeks.
Since I last checked in with you, dear Reader, we've had a bit of this and a bit of that. I've been attending classes at a CrossFit gym, and loving it. Among the pluses: 1) not a mirror in the place. Not even in the bathroom. 2)The workouts are intense (right up my alley) and fast. 3) I feel like I get to workout with superhumans everyday (including my uncle, his family and my mom). A little daunting... a lot inspiring.

I played in the first concert of my life (and I've played a fair number in my day) in which I tried with every fiber in my body to ignore the conductor. I could rant about that one for a while... but I'm full and happy and I'd rather not rock the boat just right now. Ah... good times.

Lastly, I've discovered the TV show Glee. Anyone else out there a Glee fan? Usually my cup of tea tends toward the crime/detective/lawyer sort of thing. Probably a side effect of the episodes of Perry Mason I was exposed to in my early childhood. But, despite the utter absurdity of the high school frame stories... I'm very much in danger of becoming hooked.

Until next time, dear Reader.

Love,
The Professor's Wife

5 comments:

Meredith Williams said...

Congrats on finishing your finals! We missed you guys today though....also, I have to admit I love Glee too. The plot by itself is ridiculous but the music they sing, keeps me watching it week after week. I can't help it! So, does that make me an official Gleek?

Tiff Jolley said...

Don't become a Glee fan!!! There are better shows out there. For example 30 Rock, you like that one and it is funnier than Glee. :) I'm glad finals went well.

Anonymous said...

Your boys ARE lovely! I didn't know you were in school again?! What's the master plan? Also, I TRIED to like glee because who dosen't like a reason to sing and dance? Unfortunately for me the "style" of singing (and lack of several things musical and soulful) really got on my nerves. Arg.

Anne said...

you are totally right on in your love for glee. occasionally the subject matter is a bit naughty but the music is amazing.

Emily said...

I know I would get hooked to Glee if I watched it---so I've avoided it so far. I'm already hooked on a couple other things, including most recently "The Nate Berkus show" on ch. 5. Love that one.