Friday, March 5, 2010

Sabbatical

It's been so long since I posted that I hardly know what to say. That's the problem with getting out of a blogging routine. You lose your voice.

We celebrated Caleb's birthday last month.  Caleb is five years old, and about the size of an average seven year old. He is wiggliest when he is happiest, or perhaps it's that he's happiest when he's wiggliest. Caleb has been enjoying swimming lessons (a birthday gift, thanks Nana!). I hope (for his sake) that he will find grace in those long limbs. It's not easy being a tall child. I remember.

Recently, on a walk, Isaac took a flying leap and yelled, "I'm a genius!" Caleb followed suit, leaping into the air, and calling out, "I'm a Jesus!" When Tom explained that a genius is someone who is very smart, Caleb replied, "Jesus is very smart." Indeed.

Caleb's birthday marks the advent of Birthday season for me, and I have spent the last couple of weeks scheming for the three imminent birthdays on our family's calendar. Eli's, Tom's and Isaac's birthdays fall within a two week time frame. This year, I mean to be prepared. 

As for other notable news, Isaac earned his purple belt in karate. He's got a dangerously low horse stance and a fierce hatchet kick. We also renamed our dog. Cami is no longer Cami... she's Sophie. So there.

8 comments:

Rebekah V. said...

It is great to get an update. We will most likely be in provo april 6-9. so there.

Heather said...

Well happy birthday to all the men in your life. They certainly are a good looking bunch.

Anonymous said...

Good luck running your birthday machine! I like Sophie, it seems to suit your dog more for some reason. Happy birthday to Caleb (and everyone else soon>)

jennygranola said...

Delightful :) I think you're a Jesus too.

Angie Judd said...

Oh, how smart Jesus is. :)
I'm gonna have to remember that Cami is now Sophie. I am sure I will mess up her name a million and one times before I remember...

The Chipmans said...

So great to hear from you! We miss you tons, but are excited for our visit this summer. Make sure to check us out occasionally on our blog. Congrats on all the fun stuff going on. Has anyone told you that you have a fabulous style of writing? You should write a book some day.

Penne said...

What a fun time we had! Thanks for making a cake for me too--it was yummy!
All my grandchildren are genius'--I'm only slightly partial.
Love you all!

Emily said...

Thanks for emailing about your post-I sometimes forget to check the blogs not on my google reader.
Yes birthday month...for me as well, and Benjamin, and Samuel, and Joseph Sharp. Should be fun!
All your boys are adorable. And lucky to have a mom that runs marathons...:)