Saturday, March 13, 2010

26.2, or what I do instead of having another Baby

It takes 26.2 miles to reach the same level of agony as child-labor. And at the end of it all, you get the same rush of empowerment, a natural chemical high and... you get to go to bed, no baby, thank you. I love babies, don't get me wrong, but three kids feels awfully good. So, I registered last night for the Utah Valley Marathon. It's set in cyber-space stone. I've committed my $60, and over the next 14 weeks I'll be committing a whole lot of sweat to be ready. We start in Wallsburg up Provo Canyon and finish at the Provo Towne Center Mall. This will be my second marathon, and this one is going to be awesome in a grueling, sweaty, nearly kill me dead kind of way.

p.s. After I wrote my last post, I felt a little embarrassed that I didn't write any thanks for all of the kind notes and comments I received after my "marriage" post. I don't want to go into details, it would hardly be appropriate for me to do so, but I am so grateful for the love and support everyone offered so freely. Thank you. It's been such a painful road the last three months for my family, but I have felt a great deal of love from so many of you. That means so much to me.

4 comments:

lis said...

You are so awesome!!

Penne said...

I will be there to cheer you on! You are amazing!

Lori Mathews said...

WOW, good luck training! I really enjoy your blog

Angie Judd said...

Woohoo!!!! Good for you!
As you are training for your marathon I will be giving birth and pulling all nighters with a new born. Can I just run the marathon with you instead?