The Soulkeepers by G.P. ChingMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
This would be a low three-star rating in my opinion. I did finish reading it within a couple of days, so it wasn't horrible, especially for a YA novel. But, I agree with other reviewers in that overall it was a little clumsy. The idea of working out a story where elements of a Judo-Christian belief system become a literal reality (fallen angels, Adam and Eve etc.) can be interesting. I thought Susan Ee did really well with Angelfall. However, it didn't quite work for me in Soulkeepers. The character of Dr. Silva was especially unconvincing and flat. Not sure if I will continue reading this series.
View all my reviews
1 comment:
Thanks for the review. I have enjoyed reading the books you have recommended in the past. Might see if the library has this one. I'm curious now.
Post a Comment