Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Muscle Up

I put this up on Facebook yesterday. But I know that some of you don't do that, so I thought I'd put it up here as well. CrossFit is a lot of movements (many, many, many). And it can take a long time to get some of them. I've only been able to do handstand pushups in the last few months, for example. And I'm always working on double-unders. The list goes on and on. Anyway, one of those sticky "movements" is a muscle up. I've been working on mine for a while. I got my first couple back in November then I injured my back and I didn't try again until this past week. And then yesterday, I pulled out the camera because my coach asked me to film my attempts and he'd slow them down so we could pick apart what I'm doing right/wrong etc. But instead of just an attempt I actually got it yesterday (after some serious squirming, as you will see). The toughest part of a muscle-up for most people is the transition between the pull and catching it. 

Now the videos. The first one is me, obviously. The second is an elite CrossFitter named Camille LeBlanc-Bazinet. Her clip was filmed at the 2010 Games. So you get to see what I did, and what I'd like to be able to do in the future. :) Enjoy!



1 comment:

jennygranola said...

Elizabeth - That is some crazy hunger games type strength you've got going on! I am seriously impressed! Cheers love. You are an inspiration to me.