Caleb was sitting at the kitchen table the other day. "Mom, when I'm all grown up and I have my own house, I'll want to come have sleepovers at your house!" I think Caleb has in mind that we will transform into grandparents when he gets his own house. I haven't really explained to him that grandkids are going to be a necessary part of that deal.
We were out for a family evening on the town. Isaac had not been feeling really well, but well enough, we thought, to sit in a movie theater for Toy Story 3. The Professor offered to carry him in to the theater. The car was very quiet for a moment while everyone, it seemed, considered this suggestion. Apparently Eli had a problem with that arrangement, and he was the first to chime in with, "Actually, no."
Isaac has a flare for drama. He comes, I am frequently reminded by my mother, by it naturally. Last night, as Isaac was reciting some things that he'd learned in school, some of which sounded a little confused at best, The Professor challenged him on one or two points. Isaac blew up, "What, you think I'm a fool, and I'm already in second grade!?" I can think of a number of fools who were most certainly fools by the time they were second graders. I didn't bother to correct him on it, however. Most of the time when Isaac waxes melodramatic we just try to bite our tongues and ride the wave.
We live in a ward that includes some of the folks from the state mental hospital. Things get very interesting in Testimony Meeting. Recently we had a woman who, though not a ward of the mental hospital, really should be, stand up and cross herself. She began to recite the Lord's Prayer before our bishop gently prompted her to close more appropriately. This last Sunday we had another woman stand up and bear testimony of Frank Sinatra. "I love Frank," she said, "and I know he lives." Now, dear reader, if you have thought to sing the song of Redeeming love, ask yourself, can you do so now? He lives, dear reader, in your heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment