I frequently tease the Professor that he's a monk. It's not much of a tease, he admits it readily enough. Here are six reasons my husband is a monk:
1) He lived in the abbey of St. Aquila till he escaped hidden in a hay wagon.
2) He dreams in Latin.
3) He doesn't wash his clothes very often.
4) He likes to rock out to Gregorian chant.
5) He gets a little sea-sick listening to the symphony.
6) He thinks all forms of life are sacred. Even the mice that have been pooping all over my house and eating my food and making me scream like a banshee. I could go on... but I probably shouldn't.
Being a married man does present challenges to the monkish lifestyle. So, as much as the Gregorian chant, and the way he goes all gooey when he's cooing at a mouse caught in our non-lethal mouse-traps drives me batty, I know I must make him crazy, too. I mean, let's face it, sometimes I'm no peach to live with either. That's the beauty of it, I suppose.
Love,
The Professor's Wife
1 comment:
What can I say? I love reading your blog, love getting your letters and have been woefully neglectful with commenting and keeping up. I can only suggest that in every friendship there are times when one friend gives much more than the other. It is clear that you have been that friend for the last few months. So as I come out of my own monk's cell (er...nun's cell?) let me send this message via carrier pigeon: Thank you for all the entertaining and thought provoking posts and thank you for sending me a letter that reached me out on my little summer island (one day I will actually respond...it is a dream I have). So now that it is fall I hope you will still have me! And by the way, your blogging has been a pure delight lately. Do you have some kind of a goal or something?
Post a Comment