This week I harvested the last of my garden. I brought in pumpkins, bell peppers, and the last of the carrots and beets. I laid it all out on my kitchen counter, and enjoyed a warm glow of satisfaction. This year, my garden actually worked and it was so fun! Next year I'd like to do a cut-flower garden with tulips in the spring, and gladiolas and daisies in the summer.
The other day I planted some tulip and daffodil bulbs. I'm so excited to see them in the spring! I'd still like to get some crocuses and some more tulips and maybe some hyacinths. There's nothing like seeing those first bursts of color after the snow melts.That will be my goal this week.
I also finished the boys' costumes. I can't believe it will by Halloween next weekend! I've been so busy with the 5K, school and the kids that everything seems to be just flying by.
Today I went up to my Grandma's house with my mom to help clean. Grandma broke her wrist pretty badly the other day so she's sworn off cleaning (at least that's what we're telling her). She had so little to scrub and clean, and I found myself looking forward to the day that I won't feel like I'm totally overwhelmed with the grimy, messy clutter of three little children. Then all three of us went to Hobby Lobby which just opened in Orem. We might as well have been in heaven. The three of us spent far too much time, and maybe too much money, but I had so much fun! It gets better, though! We came back to my house and actually hung things on my walls! My walls have been more or less bare since the moment we moved in. Now, after almost 2 years I have what "finally looks like a real house, after all!" (Caleb's words, spoken in sing-song as he clopped up the stairs where we were hanging things.) Mom and I have plans to redo the parlor in the next few weeks, too. Stay tuned, and hopefully I can post some pictures of our projects!
Love,
The Professor's Wife
1 comment:
We had fun didn't we! It feels so good to have a productive day.
Post a Comment