Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Please come yell at me!

Next Saturday, June12, I will be rising at an obscene hour in the a.m. to ride a bus up to the starting line of the Utah Valley Marathon. It has been over a four month long process, and I am finally ready! Hell or high water, I am going to run 26.2 miles! So, here's the deal, I should be be coming out of Provo Canyon on University Avenue in Provo at approximately 8:30 (let's say between 8:30 and 9:00). And I will have run nearly 20 miles. I'll probably be hurting, tired, sweaty, dusty... and I am going to need some help to run those last few miles.

Won't you come yell at me? Please don't try and park and cheer at any point along the course in Provo Canyon. One lane Provo-bound will be blocked off for racers, but it will not be enough room to park and wait. But, there are lots of places on University Avenue that are great for parking and waiting to holler your head off for your dearly beloved marathoner. And if you can't make it to anywhere prior to the finish line you can wait for me there. I should be finishing at about between 9:30 and 10:00. The finish line is at the Provo Towne Center Mall, just north of the University Avenue exit in Provo. If you don't know where that is, I'll be happy to give you directions.

I'm so excited! See you there, chum.

4 comments:

lis said...

I SO wish I could be there. I'll be thinking of you and sending all my running-well wishes your way!!

Tom said...

We'll be there.

Angie Judd said...

You are amazing. Awesomely amazing. Good luck! I will be cheering you on from the baseball field a few miles away. :)

jennygranola said...

WTG! I'd love to hear all about the race! You're my idol! I'm so proud of you and jealous! You hit marathon before me:) Good work! I gave you a blog award to celebrate. Check out my site to collect. Cheers!