Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A List of Favorites

It's a little late for a Thanksgiving post, but you know what they say: better late than never.

Looking up on a late winter afternoon to see light from the full moon dusting the mountains, impossibly close. I am startled and wonder how I could have missed this for even a moment.

The way cold raw milk coats my tongue and lips. The smell of milk as it heats on the stove.

Emerging, shivering, to run on a winter morning. I see the kiss of frost on grass and leaves. I see this yet unfamiliar valley laid out before me. The first rosy light is just beginning to bathe the mountains to the west. The only sound is my breathing and the crunch of my shoes on frozen ground.

My husband. His imperturbability is the perfect answer to my volatility.

Isaac's blue eyes. Caleb's sibilant 's.' Eli's supremely self-assured babbling.

The querying look my children give me when they need that extra assurance of love, security, tenderness.

Directing our ward congregation, and singing my testimony each and every week.

3 comments:

Tom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom said...

That's a nice post, dear. Thank you.

Emily said...

Lovely post! Sorry I missed this one earlier!