Dear All, I so rudely forgot to mention one important (essential, really) element in last Saturday's success. As with any great accomplishment, i.e. running a half-marathon in sub-slow time, it could not have been done alone, and it was not.
My Dad ran with me.
And he didn't do half bad for a skinny old guy! No kidding. In fact, he was really awesome, and I was proud to be there with him.
I couldn't have done it without you, Dad! Thanks for getting up at such an obscene hour, driving almost 3 hours, running with me, and celebrating over Cafe Rio salads. I hope you had as much fun as I did!
Love,
The Professor's Wife
p.s. Ok, that's all I'll say about the half-marathon. It was a big deal to me, but I understand if you'd all like to move on.
1 comment:
When you run that far and do that well you can brag about it all you want. And it was pretty neat that your dad did this with you. Talk about bonding time.
Post a Comment