On Saturday I set a personal record in the Pocatello, Idaho Just Cuz Half-Marathon. Ladies and gentleman, my time was 2:08:19. Not a winning time, but I'm sure I'll be able to shave off an hour before next year's race. I was flying high for the rest of the day. Until the next morning. When I couldn't move.
Ok, that's a slight exaggeration. I could move my eyebrows.
I was feeling much better by this morning, but decided I'd take the morning off from running. Instead, I did 100 sit-ups, swept, mopped, vacuumed and dusted. All in a day's work, my friends.
I'm now setting my sights on the Utah Valley Marathon on June 12. The course starts in Wallsburg, up Provo Canyon and ends at the Provo Town Centre Mall on University Avenue.
Running a marathon is a lot like labor. Without meds. Any of you who have not had the privilege should consider joining me. Those of you who have had the privilege will know better, and are cordially invited to scream enthusiastic and encouraging remarks at regular intervals as I fly by... with smokin' heels.
10 comments:
Congrats! Running is so not my thing. You are awesome!
I think I will just stand by and scream at you.
Speed demon indeed! Congrats! I remember exercise...I miss it terribly and look forward to it's triumphant return following graduation next month ;)
way to go! I'm pulling for you in June. I can't be there in person but I will scream a couple of times that day for you here. I am sure my family will appreciate that.
You are one fast mama! Great job! I love winter races. So much easier to run fast in the cold than it is in the heat. You're on for next June. I was planning on running the Raleigh marathon last weekend but got super sick and had to cancel. I'm not as fast as you, but maybe by next June I'll be able to keep up :) Cheers!
I wish I could join you but I can't keep up. ps. tell tom I wrote some german for him on my blog as per his request. congratulations on the accomplishment! I am duly impressed.
That's great! Good luck on your next one!
impressive!
Congratulations! Shave off an HOUR?? I would LOVE to run a race with you someday:)
Post a Comment