Saturday, June 27, 2009

New Title

I decided to change the title of my blog. When I created it, we had recently moved from Chapel Hill to Salt Lake. We had left so many friends and were coming to what seemed in many ways a very different place. We bought a house and moved to Provo, and my thoughts and feelings are more and more rooted here. It doesn't feel as if I'm moving... going or coming very often. So for a few months I've been trying to come up with another name.

I just finished a book entitled The Professor's House. I related to the main character, the professor, in a very personal way because he reminded me very much of my husband, Tom, who also happens to be a professor. I occasionally reflect on how different I am from the day I married him. Every spouse has a degree of influence on their husband or wife. Tom's influence on my life has led me to think and feel about things in some very different and important ways. I married him when I was very young (20... barely) and highly impressionable. Perhaps that set the precedence for our marriage. Ultimately, I am my own person. But... as so many of us do in life, I wear many hats. The heaviest one, and the one I prize most right now is the Professor's Wife's Hat.

3 comments:

rachel said...

I like it. :) And I, too, know the weight of that hat.

Penne said...

It is a good title and very fitting. You should also have a link to your new blog for your music studio!

will said...

Marriage does have that formative effect. Tom's had a bit of it on me too.