Sunday, June 21, 2009

Newsflash!

Hello all you lovely people. I haven't really blogged for a while and there's been a lot going on. Here are just a couple highlights.

We have a new member of the family. Cameo is 3 years old and she is a purebred Weimaraner (WHY-mer-ahner, but you could say it however you want, everyone else does!). She's a pill, but we sure like her. Her previous owner is going on a mission, so she came to live with us. She's a very high energy, demanding, and affectionate dog! Here she is giving me her classic begging look.

Around the second week of June, Eli started walking! Yes, ladies and gentleman, we have a confirmed walker. Not long after he decided he was steady on his feet, he decided to give climbing a try. He hasn't looked back since! I've been especially busy trying to keep him out of disaster.

And last week, I repainted my kitchen. For those of you that are counting, this was the second time since we moved in just six months ago. But I am not alone in my painting compulsion! I ran into a woman at the paint counter at Home Depot who insisted she's decreasing the overall sq. footage on her house by several inches of paint each year. Surely, I'm not that bad yet. The kitchen is now red. And, I like it much better than the white.


I am also antiqueing the kitchen cabinets. This may very well take me the rest of my natural life to finish. But here's what I've done so far. I think it's going to be a nice touch when I'm done. The ones on the right have been antiqued, the one on the left has not.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

i like the red! we need to get together soon!