Sunday, March 29, 2009

Nothings and semi-nothings

I have nothing to share with you all. I'd love to come up with something witty, or clever or gripping... or at least interesting. And I've sat here and tried. But no... All my mind fixes on tonight is a rather dull collection of nothings.

First on my mind are the drapes for our family room that will soon be up. I spent the weekend up at my mom's trying to get a good start on them, which I did despite many and diverse distractions.

Then my mind wanders to counting; the loaves of bread I made this week: seven. A divine number. Gallons of milk consumed? Dozens of eggs? Three to both, also divinely appointed. Number of trips to the grocery store: one. (Thank goodness!) Number of miles run: 10. Number of birthdays to celebrate in the next two weeks: five. Three in our little family (Eli will be one!), which is three too many for my brain to digest right now. Moving on...

For the first time in a couple months we made it through an entire week without fevers, vomiting, or any other active affliction. Caleb reported to his friend, "I'm feeling much better now."

And there are many more things swirling around in my brain, but I don't imagine that any of them will be any more interesting to you than the above. Ah... one thing. My mother has been suffering a great deal. And while this may not be interesting to those who are not connected to her in any way, it worries me. The trouble hasn't been diagnosed yet, but there are indications that lead us to think it could be very serious. I will post more when there is more to post, but for now, there is, I am afraid... nothing.

Until next time.

Adieu!

4 comments:

Heather said...

It sounds like you need a big hug and maybe a girls dinner out. I wish I was there to give you both. I hope you get answers about your mom's health soon. It's the not knowing that is often the worst. And now that is officially spring you can look froward to sunny days, bright spirits and healthy glows emminating from you family.

Katrina said...

Good to get a little update! I'm excited we'll get to see you guys more after we move. We'll be there the first week of June. Hope things with your mom will be ok!

Michelle said...

That is a lot of bread, milk and eggs. Good for you making all your own bread, homeschooling, running 10 miles, and sewing your own drapes. You are so diciplined!
I hope that things don't get to serious with your mom.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about all of the illnes; hope your mother is alright! Happy birthday to three of your men as well:)