In the past two and a half weeks, I've held each member of our little family as they've emptied out the contents of their stomaches. Not once, not twice, but many times. And what an adventure it has been! I am the last to follow, and I am hoping that I can avoid that particular rite of passage. Simulaneous to that virus, we've also all had sinus junk and flu symptoms. Poor Eli has an ear infection as well as RSV and hasn't been sleeping well. Today was the first day this week that Tom actually went to work. UGH... now you are all thanking your lucky stars that this cannot be communicated through the web. Rest easy that your dinners are not in jeopardy from my house of horrors.
I am reading Dr. Laura Schlessinger's "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands." I am really enjoying it, and I have to say that I was several degrees happier today with my domestic situation than I was before reading two chapters last night. What remarkable effects a sound chastening can have! For those who haven't read it, I highly recommend it.
2 comments:
I have had several people recommend that book. Maybe my new library carries it. I am sorry you all have been sick. I stand by my long time statement that the stomach flu is worse than labor. At least after labor you have something to show for the discomfort.
Oh man! I hope you are all feeling better now!
Post a Comment