I knew this month would be a busy one. We had three birthdays to celebrate, Easter, and my sister's graduation from college all within ten days. Unfortunately, knowing about it sure didn't help me this year. I think it's all caught up with me today. I'm exhausted! But, the last of the revelers have come and gone. And there are no more birthdays that I have to supervise until next February. These pics are from Eli's birthday, which was the first to hit me, and for which I was the most prepared. I don't have any of Tom's, because I wasn't here, I was sending supportive and congratulatory vibes across an enormous stadium as overdramatic graduation music played. We never actually celebrated Tom's birthday properly (even his cake was a disaster). You can't possibly make me feel worse about it, I've been trying to do penance ever since. We celebrated Isaac's twice, once with the family (I think my mother took photos) and once with friends. 12 children age 7 and under in one house is enough to drive any sensible woman out her mind, and I would rather like to forget about it as quickly as possible. I certainly couldn't spare any time to touch a camera. As I find pics of Isaac's family party, I will post them.

I made chicken tortilla soup for Eli. His favorite foods right now are corn and beans. This was a big hit.

I made pineapple upside down cake. Also a success.

Nana gave him the walker, and he took right to it. He's taken a few steps on his own, but for the most part he's perfectly content to crawl and pull himself up by our pant-legs.
As for the as yet unpictured events this month, Isaac's first cake was a pumpkin chocolate chip with cream cheese frosting. Really dense and moist. For his friends, I made a chocolate cake. I think it's my favorite cake recipe yet. Must have been the cup of mayonnaise! I think cakes are my favorite part of birthdays. I love to find and try out recipes anyway, and it isn't often that I get to make a cake. I had a fun time browsing and contemplating, and of course tasting the sweet side of April!
2 comments:
you need to post all these recipes for us!
I can't believe that your baby is already one! I love the pictures :)
Post a Comment