It's been a while since I last blogged, and it isn't from lack of desire. I kept coming back to my little G&C wishing I had something interesting to write about. Alas, I'm afraid there is still nothing that I'm fired up about.
I've been making my way slowly through Grapes of Wrath. I find myself really enjoying it. I'll include some quotes that held some meaning for me. I'll leave it up to you to decide why.
"Muley's tight little face was rigid. 'I put my han' right on the groun' where that blood is still. An' I seen my pa with a hole through his ches', an' I felt him shiver up against me like he done, an' I seen him kind of settle back an' reach with his han's an' his feet. An' I see his eyes all milky with hurt, an' then he was still an' his eyes so clear -- lookin' up. An' me a little kid settin' there, not cryin' nor nothin', jus' settin' there.' He shook his head sharply. Joad turned the meat over and over. 'An' I went in the room where Joe was born. Bed wasn't there, but it was the room. An' all them things is true, an' they're right in the place they happened. Joe come to life right there. He give a big ol' gasp an' then he let out a squawk you could hear a mile, an' his granma standin' there says, ' That's a daisy, that's a daisy,' over an' over. An' her so proud she bust three cups that night.'"
4 comments:
Joseph hated having tummy time and took a little longer to roll over because of that fact. I think it also took Joe a little longer because he was so chubby. Katrina seems to like tummy time, it'll be fun to see how she develops. Your little boy is adorable!
That's another life-and-death moment in the Grapes of Wrath. It has a raw beauty. I'm eager to hear what you think when you are done with the book.
Elijah is adorable--it will be exciting to see how is personality emerges in the next couple of years. I enjoyed your comments on baby-stuff. The only thing I've studied a lot about in conjunction with babies is how their brains develop (while I was studying early music education).
--enjoyed your quotes from Grapes of Wrath; LOL
Elizabeth! He is sooooo cute! Oh my goodness...precious! Hope you are doing great and enjoying Utah!
Post a Comment