Well, we are back from sunny San Diego. It didn't get much above 75 degrees the whole time we were there. A breeze blew in from the ocean day and night. DH got fried, and I. and C. got some sun on their shoulders and backs. We spent most of our time in the pool. We did spend a day in Disneyland. And we visited a couple museums in SD, the Maritime Museum and the Science Museum in Balboa Park. It was a welcome change of scenery. I'll post pictures soon.
And now that I'm back, I'm back to my old worries. When will we be able to buy a house, how am I going to furnish it, what kind of car and how much can we spend on it etc. etc. I've been up nights just fretting. Sometimes I wish I could just be knocked out until oh, say February. Git yaself in han' girl! Jes' feelin' sorry for yaself won' do anybody good. Sometimes we all need a bit of Ma Joad to give us a good slap.
Speaking of Grapes of Wrath, I love it. I was afraid it would be depressing. It is tragic. But, caught up in the struggles of the Joad family you don't feel despair. Who can despair with Ma Joad to lead the way? I hope she won't disappoint me. Now, for those of you who have read the book, don't spoil anything. I'm only at the point where the Joad family is fixin' to leave Weedpatch.
I have decided to enroll I. in kindergarten. This is a decision that I have been grappling with for months. I had decided to homeschool him, which I still want to do. But while we are here in such a temporary mode of existence, I feel that it probably would not be an ideal situation. Perhaps, like my good friend who recently took the plunge and registered her daughter, I will feel better when it is said and done. I hope so. Until then, I'm just a-frettin' away.
3 comments:
Your trip sounds like it was fun, I'm jealous. I'm sorry you're fretting. I wish you luck and we'll keep you in our prayers. God is there and he'll lead the way.
Just look forward to that very last scene in GOW. Then tell me what you thought. ;)
I know what you mean about the temporary existence. We're in the same position. We could buy a house if we knew we would be here longer than a year!
Peter's starting kindy in a month. I'm looking forward to some one on one time with Lily, since we've never really had that. It's freaking me out already, though.
I've struggled with the same delema regarding kindergarten...ultimately we decided to see how Dylan does and then go from there. Homeshool is always a welcome possibility for me and that helps me send my little lamb into the world. Many prayers with setting up house...I hope that you'll be peaceful enough in the process.
Post a Comment