Dear Reader,
It is fall. The mountains are streaked with fiery colors. It has already been cool enough on some days to run the furnace. Another summer has come and gone. Though we are still enjoying temps in the mid-70s, we are all watching the weather forecast for the drop-off of 20 or 30 degrees that makes us bundle up for the long haul.
The holidays loom large, hurdles clustered together on a steep downhill slope. I'm getting more graceful as a mother in steps and spurts. This year, I may even get Christmas cards out. Thank you, by the way, for those of you who still send me yours. I save them all, I love to see your families and read about what you are all up to.
Most of you know that my mother has been diagnosed with cancer, a chronic leukemia. She has not been tolerating treatment very well.
I'm taking a creative writing class at BYU, I've posted some of my stuff here. Lately we've been working on creative non-fiction, which has been a little more challenging than poetry, oddly enough. There now, I've broken the ice again. I will write more again soon.
Love,
The Professor's Wife
7 comments:
Elizabeth, I'm so so sorry to hear about your mother. What a tough time. I hope the best for you and your family, you guys will be in our prayers
I did not know about your mother. I wish (again, this same old wish) that we could be neighbors and walk together and talk together about so many things. I am sorry for this very hard thing. I am sure you are a great comfort to your mother.
I loved the image of the downhill hurdle race for the holidays. Perfect description.
I am so glad the ice is broken. Looking forward to more of your prose.
There never seems to be enough comfort in words but this is me sending you a big hug and a day full of support and warm feelings to help bolster you up against what life has given you right now. I will keep you mother in my prayers. How are the boys doing? I would love to hear about how school is going for them.
So sorry to hear about your Mom, Elizabeth. She has already been through so much, and I know you will be a great help to her. And Heavenly Father will help you balance that with all of the other roles you have in life! We'll definitely keep you all in our prayers. Keep writing, it is fun to read!
You have such sweet and wonderful friends. That is such a comfort to me. I love to read your writings--please keep it coming!
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep her and your family in my prayers
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom...I know how scary it is to have your mom facing that battle. Cancer seriously sucks. I am sure you will be a great strength to her. We will keep you guys in our prayers.
Post a Comment