We are in our new house! Our first night here was Dec. 31, which was also our anniversary. We were both so exhausted that we didn't do much celebrating. But to be here was enough. We painted the kitchen and our family room, which took quite a lot of time because both the colors in those rooms were quite dark and we went with very light colors. At some point I'll post pictures. The kitchen is a creamy white and the family room is "Tiffany" blue (as in diamonds). Many thanks go to the helpful hands that cut in around the extensive moldings in both rooms. We are unpacked, and are awaiting further funds to fill in and decorate. Who knows when that will happen. For now, it's livable and I'm happy with it most days. Actually, most of the time I don't have a moment to think about it.
I've started homeschooling Isaac. It's going well. From the moment I get up in the morning to the moment I go to bed I feel like I'm running at full speed. I have been planning on taking flute students, but right now I can't imagine where I'm going to fit that in. I'm hoping things will settle a bit to allow that to happen.
I was SO excited to listen to President Obama's inaugural speech today. I heard one analyst, a republican, make the observation that at this point everyone is hoping for the new president to do well. I think he's done exceptionally well in picking his cabinet. I, for one, have high hopes. Not wildly unrealistic hopes, but high nonetheless.
4 comments:
I'm so glad you guys are settled. Can't wait to see pictures!
I have high hopes too.
I'm stoked about the progress on your home and look forward to photos. I'm also interested in the choice to go with home schooling. It seems very appealing. If you don't mind sharing, I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on that as time progresses.
Congrats!
Hey! So glad you're in your house! I'd love to chat with you sometime about how homeschooling is going. I've been considering pulling Kylie out this year, but if not, plan on homeschooling next year. I am in need of a little motivation and a push!
Post a Comment