I. is very sensitive to our efforts to save money for a house. He has been donating his pennies, dimes, nickels and quarters to the cause. Sometimes he slips them into my pocket. Sometimes he places them carefully in my hands with the solemn admonishment to not lose them.
C. is also demonstrating his awareness of family concerns. The other day we were walking in a parking lot after finishing an errand. He pointed to a red Toyota Matrix (ironically, one of the two cars that we are considering) and said, "I think we should buy that car... not a big one."
So here's an update on the house/car situation. We will be ready to buy a house in December. We haven't yet decided whether we are going to do an FHA or a Conventional mortgage. We will not be paying off all of our student loans, but we will be paying them down some thousands of dollars. We will also have a few thousand to put down on a car. I can't wait to move into our own place, but I'm going to make every effort in the next few weeks not to obsess over it.
2 comments:
It's so exciting that school is in the past for all of you and that your moving on buying a house and all that. I hope all goes well with your plans.
I really look forward to being where you are in a few years. I'm so glad for your sake that you're nearly at the end of the waiting game. I love to hear how aware your boys are, Isaac is such a special little guy. It warms me to hear stories about Caleb and Isaac. (Oh yes, and you've been tagged. See my blog if you're interested.)
Post a Comment