Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Week of Birthday

Last week was Caleb's birthday. And we celebrated all week long. Wednesday morning we presented him with his very own box of Cocoa Puffs. This has become a birthday tradition that the kids look forward to all year long. That evening we had pizza and cupcakes and opened presents.





Saturday we had Caleb's friends over. They were just as noisy as they look.



We played Musical Chairs, always a winner with the 6-8 crowd.

Then I let them load up their own cupcakes, and yeah, they're from a mix.

Finally, on Sunday we had the family over.

For even MORE presents!

And this time I pulled out the big guns. Cupcakes no more! There is a carrot cake underneath all that creamy frosting.
Recipes are here... Mmmm 

Seven blazing candles!

And by the time it was all over, I was a very tired mommy, and Caleb was one thoroughly spoiled and smothered birthday boy. Happy birthday, Caleb!

3 comments:

Tom said...

Nice bunch of pictures. I'm drooling again about that cake.

Rebekah V. said...

That cake. I feel like I might not fit into my jeans tomorrow just by imagining eating it. But I am going to keep on imagining because it sounds so delicious.

I love seeing all of the action in your historic blue living room.

Heather said...

What a beautiful cake. I love those simple, yummy cake presentations. I'm going to have to try this myself. And love to the birthday boy of course!