Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Try a squat...

Good! Now how about six hundred of them. Actually, just to spice things up a bit, let's throw in a 16 lb medicine ball for half of them. Grimace. Gasp. Groan. Horror. All of these are appropriate reactions. Anyway, that about captures my reaction last night when I checked the workout-of-the-day to find that peachy prize in store for me. But I did it. In about twenty-six minutes. I was walking bow-legged for a good portion of the day. I can only imagine what tomorrow will feel like. Fun, fun, kids. No, really. It IS fun.

But enough about sweat and pain. My daffodils are opening up! We all (I barely was able to stop Eli from pulling it right out of the ground in his excitement) gathered around to honor the very first one to make its sunny appearance this afternoon. I'll try and post a picture tomorrow. I'm still waiting for the clusters of tulips scattered all over my yard to show some color. I've also got hyacinths making an appearance. Spring is so invigorating. Those first sporadic fits of pleasant weather are enough to cheer up any dismal soul. Unfortunately, when the sun comes out, I start to notice all the grime. On the windows, and door jams, mirrors, walls, in my carpets, ... I start to feel like I'm up to my eyeballs in grime. How can five people make such a mess? Well, five people and a stinky dog. When I put it that way, perhaps it doesn't seem like such a mystery.

OK, those squats are definitely catching up with me... I'm off to bed, dear Reader.

Love,
The Professor's Wife

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm very excited for spring too! Tulips are my favorite flowers, along with roses. How I wish tulips would stay in bloom about three weeks longer....I'm truly amazed and inspired at your herculean physical rigors. I've always dreamed of being "super fit". Still have not given up on that dream, and plan to get some intense exercise in this spring and summer as well! I'm hoping I can make it fun in some way....that's always the challenge, huh?

The Chipmans said...

You are amazing! That reminds me of soccer tryouts when I was in high school. To weed out all the week, we had to do 1,000 jumping jacks on top of all the other running and tryout stuff the first day. Good times! I wish we were there to see your yard. I am sure it will be beautiful.