Well... I think this is my third attempt at blogging. Not to put too pessimistic a spin on it, but I guess we'll see how long I stick with it! Perhaps the third time will be the charm after all.
My motivation is a little more specific this time. Rather than some abstract and vague desire to simply "express" myself into the abyss of WEB, I'm hoping this will be a means of keeping in touch with our many dear friends to whom we've recently said goodbye.
It's been a month since we moved away from our home in University Town back to ____ where my family is. For the most part, I haven't felt any of the unpleasant shock of uprooting since it still feels like I'm on extended vacation. We're living with my parents until we can put together a down-payment for a house and car. I'm very comfortably surrounded by family and the somewhat familiar faces of their friends and neighbors. All in all, this is probably a good thing. I've never struggled too much with post-partem depression but then I've never been faced with the prospect of a completely new social environment with a new baby. I can't help but feel like we're cheating.
I know DH doesn't feel quite so comfortable about it. It isn't HIS family, and he has to ride the bus for about three and a half hours every day to get to Workplace. Not exactly ideal, but we're coping. More on that, I'm sure, in future!
No comments:
Post a Comment